Highlights of the new functionality:
* USER PROFILE UPDATES: Users can now add information to their profile. They can upload a photo, can include citations and links to outside research/papers published and, in the About section, faculty/staff can input information about their position and what courses they teach. Any user with an existing registration can now edit their profile to include these items. Just login, and click on “My profile” and then “Edit my profile” to amend an existing profile. New registrants will be prompted to enter this information in upon registering (though not all of the information is required for registering).
* LOG-IN CHANGES: Once you have logged into your account on one product, your login will be recognized, and you will be automatically logged in if you switch to another product on the platform within your browser session.
* PLAYLIST CHANGES: The playlist browse now looks and functions like other browses in the Music Online platform, meaning that you can re-sort on any column in the browse, including author name, annotation, number of items in the playlist, and our featured column. Note that the “My institution’s Playlists” tab is the default so that patrons can easily find their required listening/viewing lists, followed by “My Playlists” and then “All Playlists.” Users can also now search for playlists by title, annotation, and author. If a playlist is made public, the author name is hyperlinked to their profile page, so users can see other playlists/clips that the author has created.
* PLAY ALL ITEMS IN A PLAYLIST: There is a new play icon next to each item in the playlist browse which will play all items in a playlist, within the same page, regardless of content type. Items will advance automatically in the audio and video players, and there are previous/next buttons to advance for non-playable items such as scores, images, text reference, etc.
* FEATURED PLAYLISTS: Featured playlists now appear on the homepage and we will be featuring many new playlists alongside new content on the homepage with each monthly data upload.
* CLIPS BROWSE: Clips are now part of the standard browses and users can now sort on clip annotation, author, clip duration, parent title, and clip title.