Alexander Street Press now has “Send-to-Mobile” functionality in Music Online, including all of the individual streaming music collections and some items in Opera in Video. This functionality will follow in all of their streaming video collections later this year.
What this means is that you can now send an audio track, video track, album, or playlist from our streaming collections to your mobile device to listen to later. The item that you send stays on your device for 48 hours.
Go to any of our streaming music databases and look for a cell phone icon (“Send-to-Mobile”) next to each track, album, or playlist.
Wherever you see that icon you can click it and obtain a “shortlink” to send and enable playback on your mobile device.
They provide several methods to send this link:
* They can send a text message to your mobile.
* They can email the link to your email address, which you can pick up on your mobile.
* You can enter the link URL manually into your mobile’s web browser.
* On supported devices you can scan a QR-Code directly from your computer screen. You will need to download a QR-Code reader application to do so.
At this time, this functionality is supported on:
* Apple iPhone on 3G network or better
* Mobile Device with Android OS
Shortlinks cannot be accessed outside of your institution network after 48 hours
but will still be usable within it.
For more information please visit the Help page at
We subscribe to Music Online. I still need to test this but wanted to let you know about it. If you give it a try, let me know how it works for you.