17 new titles (5,424 pages) added to African American Music Reference.
The new content is from the University Press of Mississippi, Wesleyan University Press, Da Capo Press, and Thunder’s Mouth Press. New titles include biographies of Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix, The Supremes, plus reference on the Jubilee Singers, New Orleans Jazz, art songs by African American composers, and more.
Highlights of new content include:
• Miles to Go, The Lost Years: An Intimate Memoir of Life on the Road with Miles Davis 1973-1983
• That’s Got ’em: The Life and Music of Wilbur C. Sweatman
• The Supremes: A Saga of Motown Dreams, Success and Betrayal
• There’s A God On the Mic: The True 50 Greatest MCs
• Let the World Listen Right: The Mississippi Delta Hip-Hop Story
• Barrelhouse Blues: Location Recording and Early Traditions of the Blues
• Becoming Jimi Hendrix: From Southern Crossroads to Psychedelic London, The Untold Story of a Musical Genius
• The Singing Campaign for Ten Thousand Pounds: Or, the Jubilee Singers in Great Britain